When selecting a new pump it's essential to get it right as the following can/will happen;
- Under sizing pulleys can cause the compressor RPM to be over or under, resulting in pump seizure.
- Petrol/Diesel motors will stall or cause overloads in electrical motors causing permanent damage.
- Sizing the wrong motor to the pump can create under performance and motor failure.
- Selecting a single stage pump when requiring a two stage pump where greater PSI settings may be required.
- Correct compressor oil, as some brands of oil cause pump failures and seizures.